Wednesday 19 September 2012

Happy Feet... I've got those happy feet!!!

I am elated today, absolutely elated!  I ordered some new clothes for Autumn as last years are just too big, (like I need an excuse!), but decided to order the next size down believing I wouldn't be in them just yet but use them as another incentive, and they ALL FIT!!!  Not only that, won't be long and they will be too big!! 

And they weren't all from one store, were from 4 stores, and normally store sizes all differ, but these all fit!!!!

Such a good feeling.  I know I can feel the changes happening, but I still look in the mirror and see the old me, my brain or mind doesn't seem to want to catch up with my body and I just cannot get my head around the fact it is actually shrinking, and shaping up!!

One of my good friends commented today that she loves how happy my new lifestyle is making me, that is such a lovely comment to make.  I am always a happy person anyway, but more than anything, I have confidence, in me, and that is the huge difference, and I love that she recognised that, she is another huge influence and inspiration to me and a great support ... am talking about you, the fabulous Audrey Field, if you read this!! ;)

Normally, in the past, with fad diets, when I  have had success, I have always 'rewarded' myself with a 'treat', like a take-out or something!!  WHY IS THAT? The fact that these clothes now fit is reward enough itself, and it just spurs me on to continue to live my life in a healthy and happy way.

~BREAKFAST~
 
I baked some sweet potatoes last night with a view to making some more sweet potato falafel, but instead decided to make pancakes with one for breakfast!

I mashed the flesh of one baked sweet potato with a tablespoon of porridge oats, 2 teaspoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of 0% greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a beaten egg, mix it all up until all combined.

I then heated a non-stick frying pan and sprayed with olive oil and dolloped the mixture into the pan (it made 3 pancakes).  I cooked for about 4 minutes each side until browned and cooked through.  I served them 3 extra lean back bacon medallions, some sliced avocado and a drizzle of agave nectar ...... a stonking start to the day!!

~MID-MORNING SNACK~
 
Another nectarine today and one of my Magical Energy Bars, both lovely.
 
~LUNCH~
 
Lunch today was made from leftovers from last nights dinner.  Chopped up lean lamb and roasted vegetables mixed in with quinoa and puy lentils, almonds and raisins with a dressing made 0% greek yogurt and mint.

Absolutely delicious, so glad I made too much last night!







~AFTERNOON SNACK~
 
Did such a major workout at swimming today and worked up a huge appetite, so got home and made my favourite berry smoothie and had some nut butter and banana on wholemeal bread, and spread more nut butter on the left over banana, love it!





~DINNER~
 
A nice quick and easy dinner tonight, Quorn and vegetable chilli, bung it all in the pan and let it cook away.

So in the pan I added a teaspoon of rapeseed oil and cooked some chopped onion until softened, then added chopped leek, chopped pepper and mushrooms and a chopped up red chilli until all softened a little.  I then added a packet of Quorn mince, some kidney beans, a teaspoon of chilli flakes, a teaspoon of hot chilli powder, a teaspoon of smoked paprika , a tin of sweetcorn kernels and a carton of chopped tomatoes.  With a dash of worcestershire sauce I then let it simmer away for about 30 minutes.

In the meantime I chopped up some baking potatoes into wedges and cooked in the actifry with no oil for 30 minutes until nice and crisp.

Served the chilli on top of the wedges with a dollop of 0% yogurt, some slices of avocado and some reduced fat grated cheddar on top.



Was as tasty as it looks!

~EXERCISE~
 
Swimming today, which always makes my mood even happier.  I normally do 10 length, then stop for a minute or two, then another 10, then stop, and so on and so on.  Today I didn't stop, for the first 50, I just did them!  Then I had a little break in the steam room, stretched my muscles a little, and went back for the next 50.  It was hard towards the end, but I felt like it had given me such a better workout, I was really focused on what I was doing and could feel my strength pushing me on.
 
At the end I was exhausted, so went and chilled in the jacuzzi for 10 minutes and rewarded my hard working body with a little relaxation, much deserved!
 

Thanks again for reading
Jo
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment